Ottermates Technology Inc. d/b/a Woveon and its affiliates (“Woveon”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any websites or mobile sites offered by Woveon, including without limitation Woveon.com, and including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the Services including Woveon trial, Startup, Growth, Enterprise packages and other Woveon products and services (the “Products“); and
When we talk about “Personal Information”, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals.
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website and the Products, and together the “Services”. When we talk about “Personal Information”, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals.
Woveon Data and Customer Content
We collect Personal Information (such as registration and account information) from our customers and users of the Services for our own purposes, such as to provide and administer the Services (“Woveon Data”). We’re the data controller in respect of this information. Woveon Data is also referred to as “Customer Information” in our Terms with our Enterprise Customers.
We also process Personal Information on behalf of our customers as their data processor, such as content generated, requested or published via the Products in accordance with the instructions our customers give us through the Services (including, for example, the information our customers monitor or collect from social media sites like Twitter and Facebook through the Services) (“Customer Content”). Our customers control how their Customer Content is collected and used by them. In legal terms this means that our customers are the data controller of their Customer Content. Accordingly, we only use Customer Content to provide the Services to our customers in accordance with the lawful instructions they give us through the Services.
Woveon Data we receive or collect
When you first register for a Woveon account, and when you use the Services, we collect some Personal Information about you such as:
- your full name, username, and email address and other contact details
- the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
- a unique Woveon user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration
- other optional information as part of your account profile
- your IP Address and, when applicable, timestamp related to your consent and confirmation of consent
- other information submitted by you or your organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, surveys, in-person meetings, etc)
- your billing address and any necessary other information to complete any financial transaction, and when making purchases through the Services, we may also collect your credit card or PayPal information
- user generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Supported Products)
images or other files that you may publish via our Services
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Services
- information relating to an individual’s real time location
Woveon also automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Products, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable).
How we use Woveon Data
Woveon uses Woveon Data for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you login to your account
- to enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you
- to verify your transactions and for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- to analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
- to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services to prospective advertisers and partners
- to keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
- to sell or market Woveon products and services to you
- to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users
- to keep the Services safe and secure
We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience.
Customer Content we process for our customers
Woveon is a social media management tool. By its nature, Services enable our customers to bring together their social networks and integrate with hundreds of business applications that they already use, all in one place.
Services help our customers manage social media campaigns, marketing and advertising; engaging audiences; scheduling and publishing messages; and analyze the results.
In particular, the various Services allow our customers to instantly connect to other third party services, including “Supported Products” such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. When our customers link a Supported Platform or a third party service (such as OpenID) to their Woveon account or when they register with a Supported Platform through their Woveon account, our customers can choose to instantly collect, process, share and access such third party services and Supported Platform via their Woveon account (subject to the terms of the license agreements with the Supported Products and other third party services).
In this way, our customers can obtain, use and analyze public Personal Information from Supported Products and third party services of their choosing, and also create, input, submit, post, transmit, store, view or display Personal Information through the functionality in the Services. Such information can include Personal Information of all types, including but not limited to the following categories:
- user generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Supported Products)
- contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number)
- additional individual information (such as age, gender, employer, profession, geographic location, education information, financial status, habits and preferences)
- information relating to individual’s real time location
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the other Services. Without these session cookies, we wouldn’t be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your Woveon log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information. Other examples of our use of session cookies include to track the number of visits by a particular visitor to a page and to store items in an online shopping cart for the Shop.
i) Google Analytics
Woveon uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Applications or the Products (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, Woveon may use your Woveon user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Website and the other Services, with a view to offering improvements for all Woveon users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Woveon with any Personal Information.
Learn more about privacy at Google and to opt-out of this feature by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
ii) Google Display Advertising
Additionally, Woveon uses Google Analytics code that allows for certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features. Subject to change, the Google Display Advertising features Woveon currently uses are Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
These features are used to advertise online; to allow third-party vendors, including Google, to show you advertising across the Internet; to allow Woveon and third-party vendors, including Google, to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Website and to report how ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Website. Data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) is also combined with Google Analytics to better understand the needs of Woveon users and to improve the Services.
You may opt out of such display advertising at any time by visiting your Google Ads Settings page or by installing and running the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on .
Woveon uses other third-party performance and remarketing cookies, and further information on those third-party cookies can be obtained by contacting us.
Woveon may also use related technologies including web beacons, bugs, pixels, and software tokens in order to facilitate your use of the Services. Most notably, the Services use software tokens (stored securely on Woveon-controlled servers) in order to facilitate the logging in to and the functioning of both the Supported Products and Third-Party Apps.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www. networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website, Applications, Products, and/or Shop. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, and that may affect your ability to view images in other emails that you receive.
When we may share Personal Information
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Woveon;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-Personal Information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Products or Third-Party Apps secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and OAuth 2.0 protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Products and Third-Party Apps.
Certain Personal Information, most notably Woveon log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. In addition, Woveon uses third-party vendors and hosting partners such as Amazon to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security, including ISO and SSAE16 certifications.
When payments are processed via credit card, Woveon uses third-party vendors that are PCI-DSS Compliant. At no point does Woveon have access to your credit card information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Woveon by managing your email preferences on our settings page, or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Woveon for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You should be aware that Woveon acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Products and Third-Party Apps. In several instances, the content published via Woveon will not be in Woveon’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party Apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Products and/or the Third-Party Apps.
support at woveon.com or Woveon, Vance Hall, 3733 Spruce Street, Philadelphia PA, 19104.